Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tequila gang

I just watch "Children of Men" the Alfonso Cuarón's movie. I didn't like that much...I mean technically is good but the acting and the pace of the movie was not what I was expecting, given the high praise it has received. I can't pinpoint exactly what I didn't like about it, maybe its pace was a little choppy, some high and lows without much meaning, the portrait of immigrants as helpless victims of the State and the terrorists, the portrait of Hamas iconography as the menace to England (that must have been a big hit in the UK given the state of fear and xenophobia that is developing toward its muslims immigrants). I don't know, it really just didn't do for me.
But there is someone who liked it: Zizek. All my social scientists friends are talking about him, some conservative media said he is an airhead. He must be up to something. (I will try to read him when I have time, but I don't like the commies). He has such a tick accent... very appropiate to read this post...

No comments: